Here's a larger version of our original boat storage chocks. It's longer than our 4' model and has 2 more support bases. But just like the smaller version, these chocks are made up of strong, durable King Starboard rail chocks that easily adapt to a variety of small-boat hull forms: RIB dinghies, rowing skiffs, jet skis and other personal watercraft.
King Starboard is a marine-grade polymer that has a life expectancy that matches or exceeds fiberglass, never needs refinishing, resists most stains, won't chip or corrode, and won't chip or scratch fiberglass hulls.
Light But Strong. These rail chocks and bases are 1-1/2” thick, and all edges are rounded and milled smooth. Rails measure approximately 5”W x 5-1/2'L, and each rail is supported by three bases, each measuring approximately 6”H x 10-1/2”W. The finished structure weighs approximately 50 lbs., yet is extremely strong and will easily support the weight of just about any PWC, RIB dinghy or other small to medium-size tender.
Adapts To Your Hull Form. Our rail chocks are designed to pivot on their bases up to 20 degrees from vertical, so your small-craft hull will sit flush against the full width of the rails' edges along their entire length.
Easy Setup. Once you've determined the correct rail angle for your hull by placing it on the chocks, you drill pilot holes through the rails into each base and lock them together with the stainless steel screws we provide (we also provide the drill bit you'll need).
Easy Re-Setup. If you ever get a different dinghy, just remove the screws and repeat the whole process described above for your new hull. It's that simple and that cost-effective.
- Includes 2 rails, each with 3 mounting bases, plus 3” long #14 stainless steel screws and proper drill bit for locking the rails to the base units.
- Material: 1-1/2” White King Starboard
- Dimensions: Rails measure approximately 5”W x 5-1/2'L. Bases measure approximately 6” x 10-1/2”W. Rail tops are approximately 8” above the mounting surface.
- Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.
- Our rail chock bases are pre-drilled to help simplify through-deck installation. We recommend through-bolting with 1/4 x 20 stainless steel machine screws, preferably incorporating under-deck backing blocks.
- Although these rail chocks are very strong, they are not designed or intended as tie-down points for your dinghy or other small boat. You must tie to D-rings or other fittings attached directly to your deck, with lines secured to your dinghy’s bow and transom.
No posts found